Pages

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Raspberry Muffins



I finally got to use up the rest of the raspberries I froze last summer. I love freezing berries so I can use them during the winter months. At Christmas last year I made Lemon Raspberry Tea bread using the raspberries I froze, I made them in mini ceramic loaf pans and gave them as gifts to the restaurant staff. Today I used the last of the raspberries so I can make room for this years crop! I made these in jumbo muffin tins and got 9 huge muffins. I also used the tip a friend gave me to make nice big domes on the muffins. Here's the tip: heat your oven to 425 degrees, the muffins need the high temperature to get the dome started, fill your muffin tins almost full. bake the muffins for about 7 or 8 minutes at 425 degrees, turn the oven back to whatever your recipe calls for and finish baking. This is the way I make all my muffins now and it hasn't failed me yet. I only had one adaption to this recipe, when the muffins were done I melted a 1/2 cup of butter, rolled the muffins in it and sprinkled sugar over the entire muffin. Enjoy!  To Read More, Click On The Recipe Title.


MAYTAG'S FAMOUS RASPBERRY BUTTERMILK POUND CAKE MUFFINS

Food Classics

Yield: 12 large muffins

3 cups all-purpose flour

1/2 teaspoon baking powder

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon salt

1 cup butter, softened

1 cup granulated sugar

4 large eggs

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 cup buttermilk

1 cup fresh raspberries ** If you use frozen raspberries, they will not "bleed" as much.


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Grease muffin tins.Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl. Setaside.With electric mixer, beat the butter until smooth and creamy.Gradually add the sugar and beat until mixture is light in color,smooth and well blended.Add the eggs one at a time and beat until mixture is fluffy. Stir invanilla extract. Add one-half of the flour mixture; mix well. Addone-half of the buttermilk; mix well.Repeat with the remainder of the flour mixture and the buttermilkbeating until smooth and well blended.Gently fold in the raspberries, taking care not to mash them. Scoopthe mixture into the prepared muffin tines. Bake for approximately 25to 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in a muffin comes outclean.Cool 5 minutes. Remove from pan and serve warm

No comments: