Pages

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Cherry Streusel Coffeecake or Pie ??

Picture 110

I think it's a little bit of both! I've never made a cake like this before and I love that! I love making something new, finding a terrific recipe and making it for the first time. To Read More, Click On The Recipe Title.


This recipe came from RecipeZaar and was posted by Marg (CaymanDesigns) . This wasn't hard at all. It wasn't even time consuming. This is a Cherry Streusel Coffeecake that I made it in a 9 inch spring form pan. It was easy and fantastic, I made this for my husband because he loves all things cherry. He loved it even with the crushed almonds in the streusel topping! I've taken lots of pictures so lets get started!

I made the dough up which was very soft and sticky. I had to put 2/3 of the dough into a spring form pan and take it up the sides of the pan an inch. This got kinda tricky cause the dough was so sticky so I just continually coated my fingers with flour to accomplish this.


Picture 079

After the dough was in the pan I put the cherry pie filling on top of it and put the other 1/3 of the dough that was left on top, using a small spoon I dropped the dough on top of the filling covering the top.


Picture 084

After the dough was on top of the cherry pie filling I sprinkled the streusel topping evenly over the top.


Picture 088

Look how easy this was! Now all we have to do is bake it.


Picture 092

It came out perfect! This was a little to hard to get off the bottom of the spring form pan so I just left it there. This is all that's left of the cake! I hope you try this, it was fantastic!


Picture 115







Cherry Streusel Coffeecake

RecipeZaar

Marg (CaymanDesigns)


Ingredients
2 1/4 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
2/3 cup butter, softened
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup sour cream (approx.)
1/4 cup milk (approx.)
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon almond extract
1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
1/3 cup sliced almonds


Directions
Combine flour and sugar in a large bowl.


Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.


Set aside 1/2 cup of the mixture.



Add baking powder and baking soda to the remaining flour mixture.


Put approximately 1/2 cup of sour cream in a 'liquid' measuring cup.


Add enough milk to make 3/4 cup.


Blend together well and add to dry ingredients along with beaten egg and extract; stir just until moistened.


Spread 2/3 of the batter over bottom and about 1 inch up the side of a greased 9-inch springform pan to form a shell.


Spread pie filling in shell.


Drop small spoonfuls of remaining batter over pie filling.


Stir almonds into reserved crumb mixture.


Sprinkle evenly over cake.


Bake in 350°F oven for 50 to 55 minutes.

9 comments:

Marie Rayner said...

Oh yummo! Marg has some of the nicest recipes on Zaar imo! Your coffee cake looks delicious. Great picture. You have me drooling!

Anonymous said...

Geez that wa easy and it looks so good. Those melty cherries make it look so sinful.

April said...

Coffee cake or pie either one, this looks delicious!!

Elle said...

oh, bunny--you have NO idea how much i want a piece of that. Maybe 2!

Lo said...

I'm a complete sucker for streusel, so this coffeecake is appealing right off the bat.

And if this is as easy as it looks, it's a winner. Thanks for sharing!

grace said...

a little bit coffeecake, a little bit pie, a whole lot amazing. this is gorgeous, bunny--nicely done! :)

The Blonde Duck said...

I'm going to have to make that for my Mom. She loves cherries and that looks divine!

Fran Z said...

Delish! I love cherries, so I'll be trying this someday! Thanks!

giz said...

This is so the type of cake I like to take to a dinner party. It's always a hit.