Pages

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Daring Baker Challenege - Eclairs

Picture 362



The August Daring Baker Challenge comes to us by way of Tony Tahhan and MeetaK. They chose a recipe from Pierre Hermé from a cookbook written by Dorie Greenspan: Chocolate Desserts By Pierre Hermé. Chocolate Eclairs by Pierre Herme, you can find the recipe here.  To Read More, Click On The Recipe Title

Well........I have probably made the most tiny eclairs and cream puffs you ever saw. Yes folks these should be in the Guiness Book or World Records. They came out perfect though....just not big enough! I have dubbed these my "nugget" eclairs and cream puffs. I kept waiting for them to get bigger, I waited and waited. Nope , wasn't happening. I just didn't pipe enough dough onto the cookie sheet! I didn't have a pastry bag so I used a baggie with the thing ( you know what I mean) that you put the pastry tip in then put the coupler on, well it didn't work real well. I didn't want to waste them and I couldn't see making all the pastry cream to fill them so I decided to fill them with ice cream and put the chocolate on top. So here they are, my little bitty bites of cream puffs and eclairs! The one the left is a cream puff, the one on the right an eclair. Cute little buggers aren't they! I froze the rest of the dough, maybe I can put 10 or 15 of them together to make one regular cream puff!! LOL!! You won't get fat eating these!!

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute mini eclairs! I wasnt really sure how much dough to use either and mine came out smaller than I would have liked.

Anonymous said...

These are perfect bite-sized pieces of heaven!

Cynthia's Blog said...

When they are bite sized like that it is dangerous. So easy to just keep popping them in mouth!

Chibog in Chief said...

i love the idea of making tiny eclairs..i bet its even more challenging!! well with my big mouth it could fit 100 maybe LOL!!! yum done i ate all your eclair heheh have a great sunday dear kisses

Shelby said...

Bite sized is best in my view!

April said...

I love the mini versions!! and the ice cream with them sounds fantastic!!

Lo said...

Oh, how cute!

I'll bet these little babies burst with delicious custardy flavor. YUM.YUM.YUM.

The Blonde Duck said...

They're the perfect size for Pumble and the creatures in the Pond!

maybelles mom said...

Oh, I did mini too but not as small. very cute.

grace said...

small is good, but only if you have the self-control to resist eating 15 of 'em. unfortunately, i don't have that self-control. :)
nice job, as expected. :)

The Blonde Duck said...

You were nominated at my blog for Culinary Artist Appreciation Day! Come by to see the results!

TeaLady said...

Itty Bitties give a chance to try. I did the same thing. Yours look really good tho.... Yummy!

Robyn said...

Bigger isn't always better! Great job!

Anonymous said...

they look wonderful Bunny..something like what I used to serve for teas at the tearoom!

Anonymous said...

Size isn't everything! And they're so cuuuute!

Marie Rayner said...

Oh, I think your itsy bitsy eclairs are cute and I bet they tasted really good. They look delicious!

Anonymous said...

These sure look beautiful! I did minis, too - they're cuter!

Anonymous said...

Love the mini's! Just enough to get a good taste without needing to adjust the dress size the next day...and they look really pretty!Mine came out smaller than Chef would have liked, but I noticed he downed a few anyways!!

Helene said...

You did very well! They are cute a plenty! How many would fit in one's hand?!!!

Lunch Buckets said...

I thought they kinda looked like little baby rabbit ears - but I may have influenced by your blog name :)

Unknown said...

Yes...ice cream is the best filling. You did a great job!

Dragon said...

Tiny and perfect. I love these!