Pages

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Homemade Pizza Dough Recipe, Lemon Upside Down Pie and Snicker Doodle Blondies


Picture cake and rolls 1109

This was the first pizza crust I've ever made from scratch. My husband loved it! I'll never make anything else.
 To Read More, Click On The Recipe Title.



 As a matter of fact he asked me to make this again for the Super Bowl. This was made in my food processor, it doesn't get any easier than that. This recipe came from Country Living recipe site. After the dough was made and rose up I shape it in my pizza pan.

Picture cake and rolls 1097

I piled on my toppings, hamburger, green peppers, onion and mushrooms.

Picture cake and rolls 1099

Sprinkled it with LOTS of mozzarella and baked.

Picture cake and rolls 1111

It was awesome!! You can find the recipe here.


Desserts


Lemon Upside Down Pie


Picture cake and rolls 1256

 A meringue crust, lemon filling and crumb topping....WHOOO HOOO!! I love citrus, anything citrus . This was so unusual I had to make it. I made the crumb topping first, after that was done it was time to make the meringue shell which I had never done before.

Picture cake and rolls 1245

Half the fun of baking is making something you've never done before. I really enjoyed doing this. I piped the meringue into the 9 inch pie plate to make it pretty and then baked it for 45 minutes at 275 degrees. Then I left it in the oven for an hour with the oven off. While that was baking I made the filling. When everything cooled down I put it together

Picture cake and rolls 1254

Lemon Upside Down Pie
Land O Lakes


Topping Ingredients:
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup cold LAND O LAKES® Butter

Meringue Ingredients:
3 egg whites
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Filling Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups water
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup cornstarch
3 egg yolks
1/2 cup lemonade concentrate, undiluted
1 tablespoon LAND O LAKES® Butter
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup LAND O LAKES® Sour Cream

Heat broiler. Combine flour and 1/3 cup sugar in small bowl; cut in 1/4 cup butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Place in 15x10x1-inch jelly-roll pan. Broil 3 to 4 inches from heat, watching closely and stirring every minute or until golden brown and crunchy (3 to 4 minutes). Cool completely. Set aside.

Heat oven to 275°F. Beat egg whites and cream of tartar in large bowl at high speed until foamy. Continue beating, gradually adding 1/2 cup sugar, until stiff peaks form and mixture is glossy. Stir in vanilla. Spread over bottom and up sides of greased 9-inch deep dish pie plate. Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until lightly browned. Turn off oven. Cool in oven for 1 to 2 hours.

Combine water, 1 cup sugar and cornstarch in 2-quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil (5 to 7 minutes). Continue cooking 1 minute. Gradually stir 1/2 cup sugar mixture into beaten egg yolks with wire whisk. Gradually stir egg mixture into remaining hot mixture. Continue cooking stirring constantly, until mixture thickens (2 to 3 minutes). Remove from heat. Stir in lemonade concentrate, 1 tablespoon butter and salt. Cover; refrigerate 1 hour. Stir sour cream into cooled filling mixture. Spoon cooled filling mixture into meringue shell; sprinkle with topping. Cover; refrigerate until serving time.

 Snickerdoodle Blondies


Picture cake and rolls 1239

I first heard about these blondies when I went to visit Ingrid, she got the recipe from Julia at Dozen Fours. Funny how it doesn't take long for something good to get around huh? This is an original recipe from Julia, you go girl these are awesome!! A comment I recipe from one of the girls I work with....."They're like a snickerdoodles only better cause they're soft." Soft and chewy just like I like them! Thanks Ingrid and Julia, awesome recipe!! You can find the recipe here.

54 comments:

Heather said...

holy moly! that all looks so good! i think my favorites are the cheese-a-rounds and the upside down lemon pie. but they all look so good!!

Meg said...

So many amazing recipes! YUM, YUM, YUM!

MaryBeth said...

WOW....that is a lot of really good looking food. I'm full just from looking at all the pictures, everything looks amazing.

The Cutting Edge of Ordinary said...

Wow you guys have been cooking up a storm! It all looks great! The crabby patties (as we call them) we have them all the time too!

RecipeGirl said...

Great looking recipes!! You should enter 3 of these in my Super Bowl Recipe Contest. You have until Wed. at midnight to enter to win $250!

Reeni said...

What delicious food!! I don't know what I like best. I think those blondies might have said my name, or maybe it was the sandwich and fries. Yumminess!!

Dewi said...

Everything look so delicious.
Cheers,
Elra

Anonymous said...

OMG are you cooking for a football team! Such amazing food! Wow, can you freeze it all for Sunday! I'm coming over.

Ingrid_3Bs said...

Holy cow! That's a lot of yummy food. I'm with the noble pig I'm going to your house! I think the first two are ones I'm gonna be trying. Forget the super bowl, they're great for a bunch of 13yr old boys needing a snack!

Yay, that you made the blondies & liked 'em!!
~ingrid

Sharon said...

I'm comin over for your party! I can't imagine how much I'd eat by the first half.

Anonymous said...

"Super Bowl Food" and "Super Bunny's Food"... Great job Bunny, have fun !

Cristine said...

Okay, I'm on my way over! :) Everything looks fantastic! I think I'm gonna make those cookies to take on the plane with me Friday. YUM!

Marie Rayner said...

Oh gosh, you guys have been so busy!!! All this food looks fantastic. I don't know where to dig in first!!! I think I just gained a stone by looking!

Theresa said...

Boy, you ladies have been very busy. Everything looks so good!! I'll take a piece of the lemon upside down pie.

Amanda said...

OMG everything look amazing!!

Linda said...

All I can say is WOW! It all looks wonderful!

vanillasugarblog said...

Geez! Where is the party at? Those crabbies look soooo good!! I mean everything looks to die for. Whoever gets to eats this all is very lucky.

Maria said...

Oh my!! I want to make these all!! We are going to have a killer party if I do! Everything looks amazing!! Thanks for the ideas!

grace said...

talk about a loaded post! it's all magnificent, and perfect for the super bowl. it's all about the food anyway, right? :)

Lucy..♥ said...

MY Ooooh MY!!! What a terrific post, and w/plate in hand I'll sample some of each.... great goodies Ladies!!!

Liesl said...

Great recipes!!! I think I am going to make the cheese rounds!!! So easy and they sound great!!!

GOOOO STEELERS!

Karen said...

Wow! Do you two ever sleep? LOL Everything looks so good - perfect food for Super Bowl Sunday!

zachrd99 said...

How can you leave the Bacon Explosion off of this list!?

www.zrdavis.com

Lori said...

I came to drool. It all looks so yummy. I like the sound of those crabbies! You two make amazing food.

Anonymous said...

You've got it all covered - and it all looks/sounds awesome!

giz said...

Uhm...what time does the game start and how many of those monster sandwiches are you making. I'm on my way.

Fran Z said...

wow what a spread! Fantastic!

Anonymous said...

OMG, you have been cooking up a storm. Actually more like a hurricane lol.

I'm always looking for good appetizers to serve. Thank you for spending so much time in the kitchen :)

Proud Italian Cook said...

OMGoodness!!! Can I watch the game with you two??? I want those crabbies!

Kendra said...

AWESOME!!! I say forget the superbowl and I'll make these for my next JL brunch! LOVE THEM

Navita (Gupta) Hakim said...

WOW...wish I could be at ur place for the superbowl watching the steelers win.. ya ya m self inviting myself....lol

Am so glad I stumbled here. You have a great place and would absolutely love to entertain you at my lil place sometime. :)

Debbie said...

Wow. What great ideas...I love the crabbies and blondies....I am going to try making them. The sandwich ring looks delicious!

PG said...

Woah - party at Bunny's and/or Carol's! I really like the look of the upside down lemon pie.

Bunny - Chloe looks very sweet!

The Blonde Duck said...

What time do you want me to come over? I've got a claim on that sandwich and the snickerdoodle blondies.

Marjie said...

There's nothing like a good homemade pizza crust to win over even a non-lover of pizza like me! That sandwich ring is pretty. I call the lemon upside down pie a lemon torte, and my dearly beloved loves it above everything else in my repertoire, or so he says when there's one in front of him. It's great that you're cooking in advance, so you can cheer on Big Ben and Troy with the Long Hair who does great football stuff! Happy Super Bowl!

Unknown said...

what a spread!!! can we come over??? lol... :)

Emily said...

Wow, this post was packed!

If I had all this food at my party, I wouldn't watch the game at all. I'd be stuffin my face. Everything looks fantastic.

I really like the sandwich ring.

Shelby said...

Oh my, this is just a treasure trove of good looking food!

The Short (dis)Order Cook said...

FIVE CHIP cookies? Will you marry me?

Great round up of food all around. My husband would go nuts for the crabbies.

Ivy said...

Wow, you did cook a storm and everything look super. Those cheese-a-rounds look delicious.

Melanie Anne said...

WOW!!! Your superbowl food looks awesome!! Yum! That pie really caught my eye. I love lemon and the idea of a meringue crust is really cool! Thanks for all the great recipes! You have a great site!

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

You are set for the game BIG TIME Bunny!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all those recipes!

Your homemade pizza turned out great too!

Gloria Baker said...

Bunny, all the recipes look fantastic, Im sooo hungry now, and I dont idea what I will make to lunch (Im with pain arm!! the left!) The worst to a Cooker.kisses,Gloria

Susan said...

Oh Wow...how many people are coming over...There is so much food- I think I'm coming over! Everything looks delicious. I have to try that sandwich! It looks better than the ones I used to make when I worked at the deli!

Maris said...

Love the sandwich ring. Along with the fries that really sounds like the perfect game-day meal!

Nazarina A said...

Really ladies now you have just gone too far ha! ha! for not inviting me to this Superbowl fest!!!!!!I am sitting here thinking how can 2 perfectly good friends entice me with this spread and not have me over!!!!!

Dragon said...

Now this is what I call a feast! I hope you enjoy the game and the food. :)

Deeba PAB said...

Catch me before I faint...THUD! Just awesome!!

alexandra's kitchen said...

you must be happy ... Go Steelers! there is so much deliciousness going on in this post. that sandwich is awesome!

Anonymous said...

Yummm! I love lemon pies like this! And these cookies?! Makes me cry!! I want a bite!!

Spryte said...

WOW!!!

Your house is the place to be on game day!!

Jackie said...

Hi

What are vanilla chips and where can you purchase them.

Lori said...

Those cheese rounds really caught my eye. But everything looks wonderful.