Pages

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes




I wanted cupcakes but I didn't want to deal with frosting.  To Read More, Click On The Recipe Title.
I decided to check out the Hershey Site for recipes, lo and behold...there it was the cuppie of my dreams. Chocolate and peanut butter in one cupcake, delicious, moist and NO FROSTING!

Photobucket

The cupcakes started out with two batters, one chocolate and one peanut butter.

Photobucket

I took one level tablespoon of chocolate batter and put it into the cupcake liner. I put 1 level tablespoon of the peanut butter batter on top of the chocolate layer, spreading to the edges of the liner. I repeated the layers one more time, and topped with chocolate chips. I used all chocolate chips because I was out of peanut butter chips.

Photobucket

They baked in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes then cooled on a wire rack for 15 minutes. These are so moist and delicious!!! They're well worth the time it takes to make the layers, trust me your gonna love these!



Wanna print just the recipe, click here!

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes
Hershey's Chocolate Site

Ingredients:

* 1-1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST All Purpose Flour
* 1/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
* 1 cup packed brown sugar
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/3 cup Crisco Pure Vegetable Oil
* 1 cup water
* 1 tablespoon white vinegar
* 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
* 1 EGGLAND'S BEST egg
* 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
* 3/4 cup Jif Creamy Peanut Butter
* 1/3 cup granulated sugar
* 1/3 cup powdered sugar
* 1/4 cup REESE'S Peanut Butter Chips
* 1/4 cup HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips


Directions:
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Place paper baking cup in each of 18 regular-size muffin cups.

2. In large bowl, mix flour, cocoa, brown sugar, baking soda and salt. Add oil, water, vinegar and vanilla to flour mixture, stirring just until smooth (do not over mix).

3. In another large bowl, beat egg, cream cheese, peanut butter and granulated sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add powdered sugar; beat until creamy.

4. Spoon 1 level tablespoon chocolate batter into each cup; evenly spread 1 level tablespoon peanut butter filling on top. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with peanut butter chips and chocolate chips.

5. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean (do not over bake). Cool in pan 15 minutes. Remove from pan to cooling rack; cool 15 minutes. Serve warm or cool. 18 cupcakes.

Enjoy another recipe with chocolate and peanut butter recipe for cupcakes!

20 comments:

Karen said...

As usual, everything looks great! Chicken Marsala is one of my favorite dishes - it's so tasty. I usually make it for guests because it looks fancy, too. Perfect cuppies for the Reese's lovers out there; they look rich and gooey! Oh, and I'll take one Cosmo, please (to start) ;)

Gloria Baker said...

Like always all yur recipes look awesome and delicious dear Bunny, how are you dear?, I love your Cupcakes look awesome! xx gloria

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

This is a full meal deal Bunny from main to dessert with a cocktail to chase it all down.

Marie Rayner said...

Everything looks so good Bunny. I have always wanted to try Chicken Marsala and now looks like the perfect time. Those cupcakes look fantastic too! xxoo

J martinelli said...

Cyndy, that Chicken Marsala looks amazing, and this is coming from a mushroom hater :) I think this is the recipe that's going to convert me! Wonderful pics and review!

Katrina said...

Ooh, wow, yum. I love the layering idea on the cupcakes. Almost no better combo than pb & chocolate!

Cyndy said...

Thanks Jolene. Youmade my day.

Karen, one ice cold Cosmo coming up!

grace said...

mmm. those cupcakes are like fat, massive, luscious cookies--completely awesome!

Jenniffer said...

What a coincidence that I just found your blog!! We just got back from Charleston SC where we visited the Firefly distillery (where they make the sweet tea vodka). Now I have something to make with it!!!

Veronica said...

I've never had chicken marsala but it looks and sounds fabulous! Those cuppies are calling my name.

Anonymous said...

Brilliant blog, I had not noticed wwwbunnysovencom.blogspot.com earlier during my searches!
Continue the good work!

Cyndy said...

Thanks for stopping by Veronica!

I so want to make that Butter Beer it looks fantastic, so good I posted twice!

Debbie said...

All the food looks so good! I just made a peanut butter cake and now I will have to try those cupcakes!

Monica H said...

I'm starving at the moment and not very picky. I'll take one order of chicken, the drink and 2 cuppies. PLEASE.

jacket potato oven said...

hm... looks great!

it`s fantastic.. hehehe

Kristen said...

those cupcakes are calling my name!

Mary | Deep South Dish said...

Well, I sure know where to come to get a sweet fix for sure! Everything here always looks so scrumptious. I popped over to check out the Sweet Tea Cosmo this time though - will definitely have to give that one a trial run!

Joy @ Baking-Joy said...

These look absolutely amazing - yum!

Aunt Bee said...

Simply AMAZING! (As always) :-)

HeiLin (Heidy McCallum) said...

Awesome <3