Pages

Monday, August 9, 2010

Beef Salad with Sour Cream Dressing





For our family dinner I made a creamed cucumber salad with a sour cream dressing that everybody loved. In this part of the country just about every creamed cucumber salad dressing is made with mayonnaise.
I was stepping out of my comfort zone making this, didn't know what it was going to taste like....or if anybody would even like it. Fortunately everyone was pleasantly surprised and really enjoyed it. Which got me thinking......To Read More, Click On The Recipe Title.
I've always wanted to try a Beef Salad, never had one, never made one, what's it like? The first thing I thought of after tasting the dressing on the cucumbers was, I bet this would taste great with beef! I had a sirloin steak in the fridge that I broiled and cut on the bias. After that it was just a matter of building the salad with all the fresh veggies I love. It was light and refreshing and so good! I found the original recipe on Epicurious and tweaked it to my liking. I started with:

1 cup of sour cream
1 tbls of apple cider vinegar
sugar to taste
salt and pepper to taste
dill weed

With this base recipe you can add whatever you want. Make this a day ahead and keep in the fridge, it gets better the next day. Next time I'm thinkin a little bit of garlic would be nice .....This is great as a veggie dip as well!





12 comments:

Marie Rayner said...

Hooray for gardens and summer food! These all look fabulous! Bookmarking for future use! xxoo

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

It all looks so refreshing!!!!

Ingrid_3Bs said...

It all looks wonderful. I just love the bright colors in that Asian salad. Nothing more cool refreshing to eat as meal during the summer than salad.
~ingrid

Eliana said...

These all look so incredible that I can't and don't want to pick a favorite :)

Katrina said...

It all looks so yummy. That Asian slaw salad is so colorful and beautiful.

Anonymous said...

It is extremely interesting for me to read the article. Thanx for it. I like such topics and everything connected to them. I definitely want to read more soon.

Bella Hakkinen

grace said...

i like how ya'll have handled summer's bounty! the cukes look refreshing, the slaw is gorgeous, and the beef looks filling yet even a bit light--bravo!

pigpigscorner said...

Refreshing summer food! Love salads!

The Short (dis)Order Cook said...

These are some of my favorite types of salads. Sugar and cider vinegar are perfect on cucumbers. I love Asian-themed slaws too. All of it is perfect summer food.

Anonymous said...

This salad looks wonderful. We love simple foods during the summer. Thank you for celebrating my birthday and sharing this with us during Our Little Family Adventure's Community Party. I hope you'll join us again this week for the party on Facebook.
Nicky

Unknown said...

This looks edible right off the page!! Starting with healthful ingredients is the way to go!! Thanks for this one, trying ASAP!

Debbie, of Who Moved My Coconut Oil

Bunny said...

Thank you Debbie!!