Pages

Monday, June 24, 2013

Best Bread Recipe



 This bread is called ...The Best Bread Recipe for a reason, because it is!  To Read More, Click On The Recipe Title.
 This is our everyday extraordinary white bread recipe that your going to love.  The recipe makes 2 loaves of bread that are amazing.  This is soft yet sturdy enough for sandwiches and toast.


The recipe isn't complicated, it's not fussy and it's very quick to put together and make.  I make the loaves for my husband and I.  After they cool down I slice them up and freeze them. I  wrap 2 slices together in plastic wrap and put them in the freezer to use when ever we want them.  To thaw, microwave for 30 seconds or let thaw at room temperature. This bread is used in our house everyday, it never stays in the freezer for long.  It's just a wonderful after it's been frozen as it was the day you made it!  This recipe came from a blog called Delia Creates, she has great how to pictures for the recipe, go check it out! 


         You could be eating homemade bread today!   Enjoy!




To print recipe, click here.




Best Bread Recipe
Delia Creates

Makes 2 large loaves, 3 medium loaves, or 1 large loaf and 2 mini loaves.

Whisk together in large bowl:
2 1/2 cups HOT water
1/3 cup oil
1/3 cup sugar/honey {I fill my cup with oil first, empty it, and then fill it with honey so it doesn't stick to the cup}
1 TBSP salt

 Add:
3/4 cup flour and whisk for 30 seconds
then 1 1/2 TBSP yeast and whisk for 30 seconds

Add 2-3 cups of flour and mix together with a spoon. If using a mixer, add the rest of the flour.  The total flour should amount to about 5-7 cups---this does not include the flour used in step 2. Let the mixer knead the dough for about 5 minutes plus.

If mixing by hand, add the rest of the flour and mix until shaggy looking and hard to work with a spoon. Knead in the bowl a few times and then turn the dough out onto a floured counter. Knead for 5+ minutes. I try to go for 7-8 minutes if I do it by hand.

The dough should be soft but not sticky.

 Let rise in a clean, greased, covered bowl for about 30 minutes. You can let it rise on the counter, but it will rise nicely in the oven.

Set your oven for 450 degrees for a minute or less then turn it off before placing the oven safe bowl inside. 

When dough has risen, remove from oven and heat oven to 175 degrees.

 Grease your bread pans and the counter with spray oil. Divide the dough.

Roll the dough into a long oblong shape. It is kind of fun to hear all the bubbles pop out. :) Pushing air bubbles out is very good, so roll away until they are gone.

Roll a tight cylinder, tuck the ends under or squish them and place it in a greased bread pan. Repeat with remaining dough.

Place loaves in warm oven {175 degrees} for about 1/2 hour or until the dough has risen to fill the pan.

Turn the oven up to 350 degrees and cook for about 30 minutes. The bread is done when you hit the top and it sounds hollow. Don't worry about time as much as this indicator. The bread isn't done until you hear the hollow sound. If you are worried that the crust is getting too brown, cover it lightly with a piece of foil.

Turn out on a wire rack and let cool completely before cutting. Smother the top of the loaves with butter if you desire.

30 comments:

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

I can imagine the smell throughout the house. Nothing like home made bread!!

Cooking with Mary and Friends said...

Best BREAD ever! I changed it up to 1/2 whole wheat and 1/2 white flour and still had amazing, soft loaves! Absolutely a keeper recipe for me <3

Sarai said...

this bread is amazing.... I've tried tons of recipes & this one is the best... a pic is worth a thousand words right?? Here's mine... tried another recipe.... lesson learned.... your's is in my special book my son will inherit :-)

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-NbM15pG3ZY0/Ug0Buxcz3XI/AAAAAAAAEN8/iG-BBRdYVjU/s1600/2013-08-14+16.34.13.jpg

Foodiewife said...

Now that I am standing, again, I can't wait to get back to baking bread. I rarely eat all-white bread, but that doesn't mean I never would. A fresh loaf of bread is something I absolutely lov!

Whiting Family said...

This is the best beard ever. It cuts nicely and doesn't crumble. I use while what and it turns out awesome

Bunny said...

Val it is an amazing recipe, turns out great ever time!

Thank you Mary, Sarai and the Whitng Family for giving such wonderful reviews!

Debby, you're going to LOVE IT!!

Deb said...

If you have not yet tried this recipe, you are really missing out. Wonderful recipe. One of the many times I made this recipe I added one cup of whole wheat flour and some flax seeds, and it still turned out great. Thank you for sharing this with us.

Bunny said...

Deb this is the only white bread I make now, it's absolutely wonderful! Thanks for stopping by.

webolton said...

Mary,
Do you add the sugar AND the honey or is it one OR the other? Just want to make sure. Thanks. Looks so good.

Bunny said...

Webolton,Use the honey in place of the brown sugar if you wish. Thanks for stopping by!

Lisa said...

Brown sugar? I thought it said honey or sugar, so is it white sugar or brown sugar? I'm so confused

Bunny said...

Webolten, I'm so sorry!! Use white sugar OR honey.

Miranda said...

Do you ever substitute milk instead of water?

Bunny said...

Miranda, no i'I've never substituted milk for the water in the recipe. If you try it that way let me know!

Bunny said...

Lisa, I'm the one confused, you can substitute the white sugar for honey if you like.

Anonymous said...

I'd like to know how long you let it rise for on the first oven rise? Trying this recipe soon! Looks amazing.

Bunny said...

Anonymous, the first rise is pretty true to the recipe and only takes about 30 to 40 minutes in a warm draft free place (turn the oven on for only a couple minutes at 150 degrees, shut it off and let the dough rise in it.)My house isn't extremely warm in the winter and thats what I do. Let me know how it goes for you!

Anonymous said...

Can I use dry active yeast in this recipe and if so what amount

Bunny said...

I use dry active yeast anonymous, in the packets right? Just use the same amount called for in the recipe.

Melissa said...

You say to set the oven to 450 for the 1st rise? That seems awful hot?

Bunny said...

Melissa the directions say to turn the oven on 450 for less than a minute then turn it off. That's just to warm the oven SLIGHTY and quickly if you don't have a warm place for the bread to rise. You don't have to do that. The bread will rise on it's own without doing that. You can also turn the oven to 150 degrees for just a couple minutes to take the chill out of it and let the bread rise in it. If you have any other questions please feel free to ask, this bread is wonderful!

Unknown said...

It is in the oven now as I'm typing! Made two meatloaf size pans and three mini loaves. Could have ditched one of the minis and made the two bigger ones fill the pan better

Anonymous said...

We're sourdough fans. Have you ever subbed sour cream for the sweeteners?

Bunny said...

Anonymous, no I've never done that. But would love to know if you have and what the results were!

Dan from Platter Talk said...

This looks just perfect; who doesn't love homemade bread? Easy and simple makes this recipe even better; great job and thank you for sharing!

Bunny said...

It's always my pleasure Dan! Thank you for stopping by!!

Anonymous said...

Can you make one loaf and rolls wirh the rest of the dough?!

Jeri Lee said...

This is my go to recipe for making bread! It is the best.

Anonymous said...

Hi - recipe calls for 5-7 cups of flour - can anyone narrow this down? How many cups works best in this recipe?

Bunny said...

Anonymous, you'll use 6 to 6 1/2 cups of flour depending on the humidity where you are. Let me know how it goes for you!