Pages

Monday, October 14, 2013

Hey Diddle Diddles: Delicious Chocolate Cookies with a Soft Creamy Peanut Butter Filling


Hey Diddle Diddles, that's right!  That's the name of these delicious chocolate cookies with a soft peanut butter filling.
To Read More, Click On The Recipe Title.


This is the first time I've ever made a cookie with a filling in the middle like this and I have to tell you I thoroughly enjoyed it.  The cookie dough was easy to put together.  Follow the directions of stirring the  baking soda into the wet ingredients and then stirring the cocoa and flour in next.  Don't beat them in with a mixer, stir by hand.  After you mix the peanut butter filling together( ( I used my hands to knead the filling into a soft ball after it was stirred together) the next step is making 30 balls out of the cookie dough and 30 from the filling dough.  I have to apologize here, taking pictures of the process was a last minute decision and I didn't realize until I looked at the pictures that I used the ugliest cutting board I have ...OOPS.


I'm going to take the guess work out of this for you.  Using a tablespoon measuring spoon will give you about 30 pretty equal size balls of chocolate dough.  Using a teaspoon measuring spoon to measure the peanut butter filling will give you 30 balls for the filling as well.


Take the chocolate dough ball in your fingers and flatten it out big enough to put the peanut butter filling ball in it and just bring the sides up around the filling to close it in.

 

Roll the dough around in the palm of your hand to make a nice little chocolate dough ball. 



Put the balls of dough on an ungreased cookie sheet about 2 inches a part.  With the bottom of a glass dipped in water and then dipped in sugar, press the dough balls down slightly with the glass.  Bake at 375 for 7 to 9 minutes.


 After they're baked you have delicious chocolate cookies with a creamy peanut butter filling.  When you're thinking about cookies trays and what you're going to make for the holidays, definitely give these cookies a try, you're going to love them!  Enjoy!




To Print The Recipe, Click Here.



Hey Diddle Diddles
Lynne's Country Kitchen

Ingredients:
Chocolate Cookie Dough:
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup cocoa
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup margarine ( I used butter)
1/4 cup peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg


Peanut Butter Filling:
3/4 cup peanut butter
3/4 cup confectioners' sugar



Directions:

Cream the margarine, sugars and peanut butter well. Beat in the egg and vanilla. Stir in the baking soda, then the cocoa and flour. Form this dough using a one Tablespoon measuring spoon to measure out 30 balls for regular sized cookies.

Combine the filling ingredients and form into 30 balls using a one teaspoon measuring spoon to measure the dough. With lightly floured hands, shape the chocolate ball around the peanut butter centers.

Place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten slightly with the bottom of a  wet drinking glass dipped in sugar. Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 7 to 9 minutes.


Try these delicious snickerdoodle cookies with a surprise in the middle!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks so yummy! This definately a recipe i need to try!
Pls come and link up with my linky http://www.romanianmum.com/2013/10/friday-foodie-baked.html#.UmLMpRalcUs

Anonymous said...

Just made these... Yummy... Thank you!

Winnie said...

These look absolutely terrific!
I'm saving the recipe as I'm planning to make them

Bunny said...

Great Winnie! Let me know how it goes for you! You'll love them!

Bunny said...

Anonymous thank YOU for coming back to tell me you made them!

Anonymous said...

These look wonderful. I love peanut butter cups, so I know I'll love these too. Thanks for sharing this during Our Little Family Adventure's Thanksgiving Menu Planning Event. I’ve added a link to your recipe on my planning post. ~Nicky

Bunny said...

Our Little Family Adventure, Nicky thank yo so much for coming to visit! You are going to love the cookies! Thank you so much for adding me to your planning post!

Anonymous said...

Did not turn out for me. They were crumbly and a total mess to make. Too time consuming!

Bunny said...

Anonymous, I really don't understand why they were crumbly. The how to picks on the post show my dough as being very soft and manageable. I had no problem with it. Did you substitute anything in the recipe?